Wednesday 3 September 2014

August Wrap Up

August was a bit of a blur. I’ve never liked summer and in all seriousness I’m not a massive fan of August. I used to get bored during summer holidays to the point I drove my Mam crazy and I don’t think anything has changed.

Because why not have a party? I was blessed enough to have my parents throw me a rather large graduation party. The reason it was so late was because of fast and culturally there was no way my family was going to throw a party without feeding everyone. I am grateful to my Dad who cooked every single dish on the tables that night. I’m not saying he’s the best Dad/Chef/Superhero I know but let’s face it, he is.

They trust us alone! As a thank you for all the support they gave me during my time in education I sent my parents on a short holiday to Istanbul. So whilst they were soaking up the sun, my sister and I headed into Cardiff and spent the day window shopping and enjoying some good food. We also ran a Twilight marathon because we wanted some easy and cheesy viewing. It was nice to get to spend some time with Sai after a stressful exam period and then a tiring month of fasting.

This card is the key to life. The only other exciting bit of news in my life is that I finally took out a library card. I am looking forward to getting myself in there and perusing through the shelves!


Finished:
  • Cloaked - Alex Flinn
  • Landline - Rainbow Rowell
  • Panic - Lauren Oliver
  • Boy Meets Boy - David Levithan
  • Half Bad - Sally Green

September TBR:



According to Goodreads I am 4 books behind on my reading challenge which is much better than it was before. (I was behind by like 8 or 9 books which was not ideal). I'm hoping that September will be more action packed so keep an eye out!


No comments: